Duke University Veteran and Military Support Programs
Duke offers the following veteran and military support programs:
Duke University is a MyCAA approved school.
About Duke University
Duke University is a 4-year, private university in Durham, North Carolina. Duke University offers two undergraduate academic paths: liberal arts through the Trinity College of Arts & Sciences and engineering through the Pratt School of Engineering.
The Trinity College of Arts & Sciences offers 48 majors, 50 minors, 26 interdisciplinary certificates, and 4,000 courses each semester.
In the Pratt School of Engineering, students can specialize either in biomedical, civil & environmental, mechanical & materials, or computer & electrical.
Message from Duke University
To these ends, the mission of Duke University is to:
- provide a superior liberal education to undergraduate students, attending not only to their intellectual growth but also to their development as adults committed to high ethical standards and full participation as leaders in their communities
- prepare future members of the learned professions for lives of skilled and ethical service by providing excellent graduate and professional education
- advance the frontiers of knowledge and contribute boldly to the international community of scholarship
- promote an intellectual environment built on a commitment to free and open inquiry
- help those who suffer, cure disease, and promote health, through sophisticated medical research and thoughtful patient care
- provide wide ranging educational opportunities, on and beyond our campuses, for traditional students, active professionals and life-long learners using the power of information technologies
- promote a deep appreciation for the range of human difference and potential, a sense of the obligations and rewards of citizenship, and a commitment to learning, freedom and truth.